cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

My quiz questions do not show up in student view

I setup a quiz that students must take before they can proceed in the course. I went to student view to test. To my surprise, when I navigated to the quiz, page, the instructions show without the questions. I even back dated the available from to yesterday and it still didn't show. I need help please

8 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

abiolowe@yahoo.com, two questions, is your course published and did you click the button to start taking the quiz (from the quiz instructions page)?

Community Member

Yes the course is published. The Start Quiz button is not showing up in Student View

Community Coach
Community Coach

One more suggestion; in student view click the Reset Student button.  If you viewed the quiz as a student before you added questions and then came back in student view again later; it's still going to show you the version without any question.  Reseting the Student view makes it so you are starting from scratch again and will give you the current version of the quiz.

I reset Student View but the quiz questions are still not showing up

abiolowe@yahoo.com

Some trouble-shooting tips:

• Is the quiz published?
  • Is the quiz in a published module?
  • Have you set Available From and To dates, and you are trying to access it outside of the available date range?

Let us know,

Kelley

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, abiolowe@yahoo.com...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not had any new activity in this topic since July 5, 2018.  It looks like you received some assistance from a few different people here in the Community.  Have you had an opportunity to review all of the feedback?  Did any of the above responses help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help from Community members?  If you feel that one of the above replies has helped to answer your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button next to that person's name  However, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, please come back to this topic to post a message below so that someone from the Community might be able to assist you.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over five months.  However, that will not prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon, Abiodun.

I believe the original question was misunderstood.

In the New Quizzes, there are the Instructions at the top of the quiz.  There are also the Question Instructions just above each question.  I created a quiz using both, providing umbrella instructions at the top, but specific question instructions above each question. 

After multiple students reported confusion for lack of instructions, I looked at the quiz again to confirm my question instructions were there, then at the quiz in Student View.  Students cannot see the question-specific instructions.

Is there a setting that turns on the Question Instructions for students?  Is there a way to make these visible short of retyping them in the Question box?

Surveyor

I had similar experience. I've found the solution. Chances are, you are putting it in the wrong box. Try putting it under the box that has a drop down menu with how you want the answers are.