cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

MyOpenMath App

Jump to solution

Does anyone know anything about the MyOpenMath App? I just had a teacher ask me to add it to our district site. She gave me the info to install it and it is showing that it is installed in my Admin Apps. But how can she access it? Some of the apps that I have installed show up in my Rich Content Editor or as an option when submitting an assignment. This one says that the tool is placed in the Assignment Selection and Link Selection. But being new to this, I have looked in my Assignments and Links and can't locate the app. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello mhinojosa@dsdmail.net​...

We had one of our math faculty ask me about this earlier this year, and I helped him set it up...though he did most of the work. I want to say that he used directions that were similar to what is posted here: Using My Open Math Assessments in Canvas | St. Mark’s Help Desk .  Is this similar to what you've done? It is my understanding that this has to be set up at the course level vs the account level. If you set this up at the account level, then all instructors in your own Canvas instance would have a single instructor's set of MyOpenMath content.  I hope this helps, Michele.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

I don't have any special insight into this LTI, but in my limited experience,  when they say "Assignment Selection" it means you can select them in the "External Tools" area, which is in the Rich Content Editor and in the Submission Type field.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

mhinojosa@dsdmail.net​, I don't have any experience with the MyOpenMath LTI either; I'm just posting here to suggest that you point the teacher over to the Teaching Math in Canvas​ group so she can take advantage of the resources that have been shared there.

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for all of the answers posted. I just wanted to let you know what I did: I added it straight into a Module. I clicked the Add button and then clicked the External Tools option. As long as the teacher has set up a course in MyOpenMath and her students have registered, it worked great.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello mhinojosa@dsdmail.net​...

We had one of our math faculty ask me about this earlier this year, and I helped him set it up...though he did most of the work. I want to say that he used directions that were similar to what is posted here: Using My Open Math Assessments in Canvas | St. Mark’s Help Desk .  Is this similar to what you've done? It is my understanding that this has to be set up at the course level vs the account level. If you set this up at the account level, then all instructors in your own Canvas instance would have a single instructor's set of MyOpenMath content.  I hope this helps, Michele.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for the info. You guys and your answers! I couldn't do it without you!

Highlighted
Learner II

I have the same question. Does anyone know how to configure the app, so that it shows up in the course Navigation column.

Thanks!

Ricardo