cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teickhoff
Community Member

NEW Courses not listed

Jump to solution

I am unable to see my upcoming courses. This has never been an issue in the past.  We have a new individual who is our CANVAS support on campus. She is unfamiliar with CANVAS.  We can see my classes listed in the WCPSS but for some reason the shells are not available for me to input data. Can you help me resolve this issues. We have classes starting in days.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @teickhoff  Welcome to the worldwide Canvas Community!  None of us in the Community have any access to individual sites, so the best that I, at least, can do to help you along is to suggest a few things that may be coming into play in your specific case.  I might recommend, as well, that your new Canvas administrator join the Community if she hasn't already.  There is a specific group, in fact, for Canvas Admins‌ that she should consider joining.

All sorts of things can be coming into play here.  But since you say that this has happened automatically in the past the first thing that comes to mind is to ask if the courses have been properly associated with a new term and that whatever process is in place has taken that into account.  There is a whole section devoted to terms in the Administrator's Guide at this link.  So step one will be to ensure that:

a.) The term has been created in Canvas.  (Your Admin has access to that.)

b.) The requisite courses get populated within that term.

Or, perhaps whatever process that occurred in the past has simply not been done yet??  Even things done automatically to end-users have to start somewhere.  Is there a SIS (Student Information System) in place at the backend of things?  Are they running a script of some sort that has populated the courses in Canvas based on that SIS?

So there are really many things that must be asked/looked into.  I might suggest that your Admin either contact Canvas Support or (as I said) check around the Community herself once some of the possible issues are isolate.

So, not an answer I'm afraid, but perhaps some places to start looking!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @teickhoff  Welcome to the worldwide Canvas Community!  None of us in the Community have any access to individual sites, so the best that I, at least, can do to help you along is to suggest a few things that may be coming into play in your specific case.  I might recommend, as well, that your new Canvas administrator join the Community if she hasn't already.  There is a specific group, in fact, for Canvas Admins‌ that she should consider joining.

All sorts of things can be coming into play here.  But since you say that this has happened automatically in the past the first thing that comes to mind is to ask if the courses have been properly associated with a new term and that whatever process is in place has taken that into account.  There is a whole section devoted to terms in the Administrator's Guide at this link.  So step one will be to ensure that:

a.) The term has been created in Canvas.  (Your Admin has access to that.)

b.) The requisite courses get populated within that term.

Or, perhaps whatever process that occurred in the past has simply not been done yet??  Even things done automatically to end-users have to start somewhere.  Is there a SIS (Student Information System) in place at the backend of things?  Are they running a script of some sort that has populated the courses in Canvas based on that SIS?

So there are really many things that must be asked/looked into.  I might suggest that your Admin either contact Canvas Support or (as I said) check around the Community herself once some of the possible issues are isolate.

So, not an answer I'm afraid, but perhaps some places to start looking!

View solution in original post