cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Need help duplicating a module

Jump to solution

In this midst of virtual learning, I created a module which allows my students to upload work along the way. I now want to create the module I created for this week but I don't have the option to duplicate. Is there a reason why? I made the module from scratch and don't recall choosing whether or not it could be duplicated. Help, please!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I read this and I do not have the option to duplicate which is what confuses me.

Highlighted

Jennifer -

I think Renee jumped the gun on saying the question was answered.  I have the same problem as you do.  I am in the process of tracking it down, but it looks like if there is a quiz in the module you do not get the duplicate option in the option list.  I just checked it out in a module that I created in a course.  If I add assignments, then I see the duplicate option.  As soon as I added a quiz, that option went away.

Hopefully someone from Canvas will see this comment and make an informed post about this issue.

In the meantime, you can create a common module by sharing the module to commons (it is not that hard to do).  Once it is ready, you can download the common cartridge and then import that into the same course or any other course.  You also have the option(I believe this will work) of going  to your options to export the course and then import SPECIFIC content (not the entire course) and select the module to import. 

I would do the common cartridge creation in Canvas commons if you have that option available.

Ron