Need help with an issue

Jump to solution
mformanek
Community Member

All my front pages look like they are working on my pages but the one under Mrs. Banas. This is the message I  see when going into student view. This page is part of the module Course Name or Title and hasn't been unlocked yet. Can you help? 

Mark Formanek

Wauwatosa School District 

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @mformanek 

Many of the restrictions you set on content for your students, still hold when you are in Student View. The page you are trying to use as a front page is also part of a Module's content, and you have restricted that module in some way. Once the Module becomes available to your students, so will that particular Front page. If you want the Front Page visible now, and I assume you do or you wouldn't be asking, you will need to make a copy of that page and make the copy your front page.

The way Canvas courses are structured means that the page in the Module, the Page in Pages, and the Page you have designated to be a Front Page are all actually the same page and not copies. When you restrict access to the content in a Module, it restricts access to that module page regardless of where you are trying to display it.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes