cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

New Analytics - Are views/participations for All Resources accurate?

I'm investigating New Analytics in our Beta environment prior to enabling in production and have spotted some inconsistencies in the All Resources views/participations via the Message students who... functionality.

When I click on the Message students who icon a pop up displays with the Resource field prepopulated with All Resources and all enrolled students are in the BCC list. This does not appear to be accurate as when a specific resource is selected from the drop-down list it indicates that not all students have viewed specific resources.

Screenshot of Message Students Who pop-up window in Canvas

new analytics‌ analytics_new‌ message students who...‌https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/analytics-beta/blog/2019/12/16/new-vs-old-analytics 

1 Reply
Highlighted

If I click “message students who” without any filter, It always shows “All Section” but in fact the actual recipients depend on the conditions set in the "Message Student Who" interface.

Similar to the above issue:

Before I use the “Message students who function”, I have added some filters on the line graph. When I click “message students who”, I will still see the filters I added to the chart, e.g. two students (i.e. NOT "All Section"). No matter what conditions I set (i.e. viewed / participated / grade range etc), I will always see the filter I have added followed by XX students.