New Assignment Student View Breaks MathJax

Jump to solution
thorine
Community Participant

The  new student view of assignments with online file submission does not render MathJax. This does not occur when the submission type is paper, as the new view (which is hard to see in my screen shot) does not activate in those cases.

screenshot.png

I checked the HTML, and the MathJax tag is still present in the loaded page, but it is not activated. This occurs in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browsers. I have submitted this problem to my IT department, and they have forwarded it to the vendor (presumably Canvas), but I have heard nothing back. I see no mention of this when searching for "MathJax" in "Current Issues". 

Is there any other place where this can be brought to the developers' attention?

1 Solution
erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@phillip_mills I pass on what comes from our product and engineering teams. The main behavior related to the problem was in Classic Quizzes related to question banks. They're feeling more confident that has been resolved but want to do some more checking. They have one more item they'd like to fix in the production environment and then we will most likely turn it back on. 

The official word will come from the product team, mostly on Monday. 

Thanks,

Erin

View solution in original post