New Courses not showing up

Jump to solution
wrangler986
Community Novice

How can I view my current courses I am registered for? They are not appearing in my courses, they are listed as "future courses.: Class starts tomorrow. 

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon,  @wrangler986  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  It sounds like you have found your courses listed on your "All Courses" screen within Canvas (How do I view all my Canvas courses as a student?).  While the vast majority of people here in the Community wouldn't be able to help answer specific questions about your courses in Canvas, we can maybe provide some general feedback.  If your course(s) are currently listed in the "Future Courses" section of your "All Courses" screen, that generally means that the course date hasn't arrived yet.  Some schools set the course start date based on the official start date of the class while other schools may let students in a few days early.  That's a decision left up to individual schools.  Once the start date arrives (assuming it is tomorrow for your class), then your course will move to the top of your "All Courses" screen and out of your "Future Courses" section.  This also assumes that your instructor will "publish" the course (you can see the published state on the "All Courses" screen).  Once the course is published, you and your classmates will have access to the course.  So...in summary, there's nothing on your end that you need to do...as it sounds like you are enrolled in the course but just waiting for the course to begin.  Once your courses are "active", then you can "favorite" them to choose which ones you want to place on your Canvas Dashboard with a yellow star.  More information about this can be found in: How do I customize my Courses list as a student?.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Amanda.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes