cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

New Crocodoc - Students are unable to download a copy of their annotated comments

Jump to solution

The new Crocodoc has been updated, instructors are making annotated comments on submissions, but students are not able to download a copy of their paper with the annotated comments anymore. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10542-4212352349 

Are you going to bring this feature back?

Thanks - 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

fgcucanvaselearning@fgcu.edu‌ - Our understanding in the Community is yes...but there has not been a published date.  You may want to take a look at the official documentation for the new Docviewer here: Canvas Release: Canvas DocViewer .  Judging from Instructure's response in this initial blog post that announced the new Docviewer was coming, Instructure is well aware of the Community concern regarding this and is working on it.  But I agree--let's hope it's sooner rather than later!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

fgcucanvaselearning@fgcu.edu‌ - Our understanding in the Community is yes...but there has not been a published date.  You may want to take a look at the official documentation for the new Docviewer here: Canvas Release: Canvas DocViewer .  Judging from Instructure's response in this initial blog post that announced the new Docviewer was coming, Instructure is well aware of the Community concern regarding this and is working on it.  But I agree--let's hope it's sooner rather than later!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

If your institution is affected by the lack of feedback download in the initial DocViewer release, consider voting on this feature idea:

Highlighted
Community Member

For now, we have to settle for this sloppy work-a-round:

1. CNTL/CMD + A = Select All
  2. CNTL/CMD + C = Copy
  3. Open a blank document in Word or Pages.
  4. Place the cursor on the top most line.
  5. CNTL/CMD + V = Paste into the blank document.
Highlighted

This sounded promising but when I do that, the copy loses all formatting and is unusable.  I'm using Office 2016 and have tried all the "Paste Special" options.  I've had to take screenshots using SnagIt for students who need this ability now.  Note, we've also discovered a bug that the "Comments" part of the View Feedback window can become so wide that the Feedback part of the window is unusable.  I reported it to Canvas support who said this was happening because there was a long URL in the comments that caused the Comments not to wrap and made the window too large. I'm hoping pasting URLs into Grading Comments is not something done very often.

Highlighted

Terry Hebert's work around didn't work for me either. I too use Office 2016. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Did I mention the work-a-round was "sloppy?" I don't like it either, but students can get a printout of the feedback to the assignment--at least.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor II

It was extremely disheartening when students showed me their tiny preview window of their annotated writing in  Crocodoc. I also voted to bring back the ability to download the annotated versions, but at least they should be able to see their work in a full screen as I do when I'm grading it. 

0 Kudos
Labels