New Math Quiz Feature - Sketch a Graph

Jump to solution
madeline_gorley
Community Explorer
I would like to propose the following feature, but I wasn't sure how to go about it: 

New Math Quiz Feature - Sketch a Graph
We would like to be able to embed graph paper into a quiz where students can draw a sketch of the graph using their stylus. Desmos has a feature that allows students to draw a sketch. I wonder if Canvas would collaborate with Desmos? We would like the graph paper to be embedded directly into the quiz so that lockdown browser could still be used.

Although it would be great to have features that help students graph a line or circle, I would still like students to have the ability to sketch curves and asymptotes.

Here is a quiz question I assigned on a recent Calculus quiz: 
madeline_gorley_0-1619107199601.png

This was a non-calculator quiz where students had to use derivative tests to come up with a sketch of the graph. 
Unfortunately, I could not use lockdown browser for this quiz since students had to open up a new window to use Kami to submit their sketches. 

Thanks for your help!
I have tried to submit this as a Canvas Feature Idea on the Canvas site awhile back, but nothing ever ended up happening.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @madeline_gorley ...

Submitting a Feature Idea is the right way to go...rather than posting in this particular space of the Community website.  I'm assuming that you've already found the area to do this...which is via the PRODUCT menu at the top of any page here in the Community...and then selecting IDEA CONVERSATIONS.  Then, you'd click on "Suggest an idea".  I also see that you posted a response here: New Quizzes Question Type - Drawing - Page 3 - Canvas Community.  So, since there is an existing Feature Idea already created, you'd want to follow that conversation instead of creating a new one...to avoid duplication of Feature Ideas.  You had asked in that thread how to vote "Yes" for that Feature Idea.  Well, there isn't a way to say, "Yes", but you can give it a star rating.

There are a couple Guides that I'd like to direct your attention to.  Sometimes we would like Instructure (the company that makes Canvas) to be able to develop every idea that we have to make Canvas better, but that doesn't always happen...and sometimes not in the time frame that we'd like.

Here are a couple Guides that address the star rating system, how our feedback is gathered from multiple sources, and how their development process works:

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes