cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwalker10
Surveyor

New Quizzes- Question groups

Jump to solution

How do I make question groups in New quizzes?  All of the walk throughs I'm finding are explaining how to do it under the old quiz format.  Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @jwalker10 

First and foremost, there is a Canvas Instructor Guide chapter for New Quizzes, and that should help you in the future.

And more specifically, this guide in that chapter will answer your question: How do I add all items or a random set from an item bank to an assessment in New Quizzes?

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
4 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @jwalker10 

First and foremost, there is a Canvas Instructor Guide chapter for New Quizzes, and that should help you in the future.

And more specifically, this guide in that chapter will answer your question: How do I add all items or a random set from an item bank to an assessment in New Quizzes?

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Tags (1)

@kmeeusen Thanks.  

Your answer is helpful for using question banks. But what if I want to use question groups - is there a way to do that with New Quizzes?

Thank you

gouldt
Adventurer

New Quizzes Video Tutorials for Migrating 

I created a few short videos that show how to migrate quizzes. In new quizzes the test banks are called item banks. In order to create an item bank you must have a qti file to import. I've found the easiest and most reliable qti file can be created by exporting a single test (not test bank) of a classic quiz. 
So first you must create a test in the classic quizzes, add the questions that you want in the new quizzes item bank, then export that quiz, by itself. 
Next go to a new quiz, go to the option menu in top right corner to manage item bank, create a new item bank, and import that qti file that you just created. 
The videos are on a page that I linked at the top. Good luck!