cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

New Quizzes and LockDown?

Jump to solution

Will the new quiz format ultimately be compatible with LockDown browser?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, vrossi@pascack.k12.nj.us, yes, LockDown Browser is on the timeline that displays on the home page of the User Group: New Quizzes‌.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, vrossi@pascack.k12.nj.us, yes, LockDown Browser is on the timeline that displays on the home page of the User Group: New Quizzes‌.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks stefaniesanders - It says Q2 on the timeline. Since this is Q2 do we have a more exact date? 

Highlighted

en5364@wayne.edu, when we have an exact date we'll post it to the Release Notes: Canvas LMS‌ and will update the timeline.

Highlighted

Respondus is telling faculty at my institution that New Quizzes is now supported, but students might have to download a new Respondus LDB. I haven't found any information here. Can you confirm? @Stefanie said that a page would be updated when Respondus LDB integration with New Quizzes was achieved, but the link in that message is a dead one.

Highlighted

@tpavlic 

Thanks for alerting us to the broken link. Information about the Respondus Lockdown Browser setup is included in the Canvas Release Notes (2020-07-18).

Highlighted

Respondus is telling faculty at my institution that New Quizzes is now supported, but students might have to download a new Respondus LDB. I haven't found any information here. Can you confirm? @Stefanie said that a page would be updated when Respondus LDB integration with New Quizzes was achieved, but the link in that message is a dead one.

Highlighted

HI All

We have tried different browsers, clearing the cache, updating the browsers, installing the latest correct Respondus Lockdown Browser for New Quizzes. The message always appears saying your browser does not meet the minimum requirements. We are telling our staff that Lockdown Browser does not work with New Quizzes.

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Lock down browser is working fine with classic quizzes but only in new quizzes we are getting an error

Screenshot_2.png

If a student opens lockdown browser first and try to go to the quiz they are prompted with this message to open the quiz first in another browser, but then that takes them into this loop of an error message.

Screenshot_1.png

We have been having a lot of issues with new quizzes lately, anyone else have suggestions?

Thanks