New RCE: Replace existing image while retaining 100% width?

bossim1
Community Explorer

Hi all! I'm adapting my department's template home page to play nicely with the new RCE, and I'm struggling to replace images in the same way I could with the old RCE. Specifically, with the old RCE, I was able to select an image on a Page and use the Content Panel to replace the original image with a new one from my Files, while retaining the original image's width attribute of 100%. This was important because it allowed faculty to customize a template page, with an image of their choice, without having to touch the HTML. 

The steps I'm using with the new RCE (with the undesired result) are: 1. select image to be replaced, 2. click "Insert Image," 3. select "Course Files, 4. choose a file from Files list. This replaces the original image, but doesn't retain the width attribute. Here's a screencast of my steps: https://www.screencast.com/t/Jf8V6Iy2Hl

I'm curious if 1. anyone else has noticed this difference (I'm reviewing a screencast of the old RCE that shows this behavior, but I also have a kernel of doubt as to whether this was actually how the old RCE worked, now that I can't confirm it!), and 2. If anyone has an alternative or workaround that would allow instructors to replace images that have a responsive width WITHOUT editing the HTML. 

Thanks so much!

Britta

Labels (1)