Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dufay_k
Surveyor II

New UI and free for teacher account

Jump to solution

Hello,

Do you know if/when the new UI will be available for the free for teacher accounts ? Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

tl;dr - The new UI will be turned on in production in FFT on October 10th

The new Canvas user interface is coming to Free For Teachers Canvas on 10/10/15

The new Canvas user interface (“new UI”) will be turned on in Free For Teachers Canvas on Saturday, October 10, 2015. You can learn more about the new UI by watching this video and reading this Canvas Guide.

Eager to get started? You can see your courses in the new UI right now by logging into the Free For Teachers Canvas beta site. To do this, just add “beta” to the URL / web address of your course. So, for instance, if my course URL was canvas.instructure.com/courses/1234, my beta URL for the same course would be canvas.beta.instructure.com/courses/1234. You’ll be prompted to log in again when you visit beta for the first time; your username and password are the same there as in production.

If you have questions about how to interact with the new interface, or observations as you get started, please participate in the All Things New UI discussion.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@dufay_k , I'm going to tag  @scottdennis ​ on this question and also direct you to this space for additional info about the new UI: Canvas Focus Group: New UI

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm not sure when this will be an option, but let's check with  @scottdennis ​ and see if he knows. Smiley Happy

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Great question.  At this time there are preliminary plans to update the UI in Free For Teachers, however we do not have an ETA.  We'll share more information when we have it.

Yep, more info coming soon!

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@dufay_k ​, per the Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-08-29) , the new UI will be enabled in Free-for-Teachers accounts "in the next few weeks." Keep an eye out for the next release, and stay tuned!

just great !

thanks

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

tl;dr - The new UI will be turned on in production in FFT on October 10th

The new Canvas user interface is coming to Free For Teachers Canvas on 10/10/15

The new Canvas user interface (“new UI”) will be turned on in Free For Teachers Canvas on Saturday, October 10, 2015. You can learn more about the new UI by watching this video and reading this Canvas Guide.

Eager to get started? You can see your courses in the new UI right now by logging into the Free For Teachers Canvas beta site. To do this, just add “beta” to the URL / web address of your course. So, for instance, if my course URL was canvas.instructure.com/courses/1234, my beta URL for the same course would be canvas.beta.instructure.com/courses/1234. You’ll be prompted to log in again when you visit beta for the first time; your username and password are the same there as in production.

If you have questions about how to interact with the new interface, or observations as you get started, please participate in the All Things New UI discussion.

View solution in original post

So, I'm trying to see the new UI which should have been made available yesterday according to your response.  I'm not seeing the update in the features tab as an option to turn this on.  Is there something I am not doing correctly?

Hmm, interesting.  Let me do some checking and get back to you.