cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonesn16
Learner II

New "To Do" option in Calendar

Jump to solution

I don't know how long its been there, but yesterday I noticed a new option in my Canvas Calendar, next to Assignment and Event. Its called "To Do," but I seem unable to actually create a To Do item. I click Submit, it appears to attempt to save... and then it stays on this window. I looked at Instructure's https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12911-415254669?sr=search&searchId=a690373d-eb01-4ad6-b3b4-...‌, but it doesn't seem to talk about this new thing. Or I'm on the crazy sauce. Anyone else see this option, and is it working for you?

screenshot of creating a To Do item from the Canvas Calendar

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erinhallmark
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Nicholas, 

This feature is available for students as part of our new List View Dashboard but is not yet available for instructors. You can learn all about the List View options here: Canvas Release: Student Dashboard List View. Instructors can use the functionality to add to-do items to their students' to-do lists. Our teams plan to watch the adaptation of the student role for this feature and then eventually create the functionality for instructors.

Hope that helps,

Erin

View solution in original post

12 Replies
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @jonesn16 ‌ - You will be relieved to know that you are not on the crazy sauce, as a few others of us have seen this, as well.  I just remembered seeing this the other day, when the ever-resourceful  @klundstrum ‌ dug up the solution!  Here it is:  https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/20745-to-do-in-calendar .

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi! This topic resurfaced, and I'd like to connect the conversations.

item.

erinhallmark
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Nicholas, 

This feature is available for students as part of our new List View Dashboard but is not yet available for instructors. You can learn all about the List View options here: Canvas Release: Student Dashboard List View. Instructors can use the functionality to add to-do items to their students' to-do lists. Our teams plan to watch the adaptation of the student role for this feature and then eventually create the functionality for instructors.

Hope that helps,

Erin

View solution in original post

molse
Community Member

I love this idea, but it is frustrating that non-graded items do not appear on students' "to-do" lists. I have reading assignments that must be completed but are not assigned points and students are not seeing them on their to-do list tab on the Canvas app. Is there a way to add non-graded assignments to the "to-do?"

Hi  @molse ‌ - If you take a look at the Canvas Release Notes (2018-08-04)‌ and then scroll down to the To-Do List feature,  you'll see a segment for Instructors. You'll be able to add non-graded assignments, surveys, pages, and discussions to your students' lists.

molse
Community Member