cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hrich01
Community Member

New semester, classes not showing up?

Jump to solution

The new semester starts today, and although my classes are listed under "Spring 2019" when I click "All courses," they're not showing up on my dashboard, and when I click the start next tot them under "All courses," it says "this course cannot be added to the courses menu at this time." Plus, a class that I'm on the waitlist for doesn't show up anywhere. I just want to see my classes. What's wrong? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi hrich01, if the term date hasn't officially arrive as  @BStutzman noted, it would likely affect everyone at the university with courses in the same term.  Another possibility is that the course has not been published by the instructor.  Normally under "all courses" there is a column indicating if it has been published or not.  Until a course is published you cannot click on its link and it will not appear on your dashboard.  I am not sure about your institution, but here a student on a wait list would not be added to the roster in Canvas unless a spot opened up and they were formally added to the class through the Registrar's Office.

You could try contacting the Canvas support group at your institution to see if they can check your account and see if the class behavior is expected or or there is an error is a system somewhere.  If you were to contact Canvas Support using the question mark icon they would also likely be able to provide insight into what may be happening.

I hope this gets resolved quickly and best wishes!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BStutzman
Lamplighter II

I am guessing that your institution doesn't have the term dates set to start today.

My friends at the same university are not having the same issue, though

Hi hrich01, if the term date hasn't officially arrive as  @BStutzman noted, it would likely affect everyone at the university with courses in the same term.  Another possibility is that the course has not been published by the instructor.  Normally under "all courses" there is a column indicating if it has been published or not.  Until a course is published you cannot click on its link and it will not appear on your dashboard.  I am not sure about your institution, but here a student on a wait list would not be added to the roster in Canvas unless a spot opened up and they were formally added to the class through the Registrar's Office.

You could try contacting the Canvas support group at your institution to see if they can check your account and see if the class behavior is expected or or there is an error is a system somewhere.  If you were to contact Canvas Support using the question mark icon they would also likely be able to provide insight into what may be happening.

I hope this gets resolved quickly and best wishes!

View solution in original post

BStutzman
Lamplighter II

Have you tried logging out and logging back in?  Are you using a laptop or a mobile device?