cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpaker86
Community Member

No Permission to Access Page

What should I do if this message pops up when I am trying to open documents I need for class? 

"It appears that you don't have permission to access this page. Please make sure you're authorized to view this content. If you think you should be able to view this page, please use the "Help" link to notify support of the problem."

3 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kpaker86  and welcome to the Canvas Community!  One of the common reasons to get a message like this is when you are trying to access content in Canvas that the instructor has not published.  I would contact your instructor and let him/her know what you are encountering so they can check that the page has been published.  You could also report a problem from the help menu of Canvas (question mark in the lower left-hand side of the screen) as the message indicates so the support team can look into this as well.

I hope this helps and best wishes!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @kpaker86 ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because we have not heard from you since you first posted this question on January 18, 2018.  It looks like ericwerth replied to you later that morning.  Have you had an opportunity to review his response?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  The other thought that I had was that maybe your instructor had tried to link to something in another course that you don't have access to.  This might also cause a similar error to appear because you wouldn't be enrolled in that course.  If you feel that Eric's response has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help with this question, please let us know by posting a message below.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for almost four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I am going to modify the subject line of your posting here.  The subject line is rather long (no need to repeat the body of your message in the subject line), and so I'll shorten it to summarize what you're asking.  Also, I'll tag your message with some keywords to make it easier for others to search for your topic.  If the revised subject line doesn't accurately reflect what you are asking in the body of your message, just let me know, and we can work to make any needed changes.

I hope all of this is okay with you, Kelsee.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Hi, I've set my notifications up so that I get a daily summary of announcements. I tried the link in those summary emails and this message popped up. I was wondering if it's still possible that my prof hasn't uploaded it yet since it's already in the notifications.

Thanks,

Charmaine