cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

No graphics on iPad app

Jump to solution

The graphics have never displayed when using the app on my iPad, why?? They work using the browser but never in the app. Help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

They worked this past semester!! Yay!!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Christina Harper,

Without knowing the specifics of your device, app and browser, the best course of action is to always make sure that your device's ios (Operating System) is fully up to date and the most recent, and the same is true for any Canvas Apps and ALL browsers, mobile and regular. This is always the best chance of successful use of Canvas on any given device. If you do all of this and still aren't fully successful, you can assume that your device, for whatever reason, is not fully compatible with Canvas at this time, and then switch to another device.

I hope this information is helpful in general.  Sincerely, Earl @ Pierce

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi christinaharper@ufl.edu - Out of curiosity, which Canvas app are you using? What 925024864 shared is a great place to start. If having an up-to-date iOS and app doesn't work, there may be some "behind the scenes" things, we may be able to troubleshoot further. Are you the only one experiencing the missing images? Are images missing across all of your courses, or is it course-specific?

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi christinaharper@ufl.edu‌ - Since you initially posted your question in the Canvas Community, there have been a few updates to Canvas Student for iOS and iOS itself. Do you still experience the issues with missing images?

Highlighted
Community Member

I haven’t had time to respond before now but yes, I am still having this problem. It is not course specific and my iPad is not a dinosaur to where it would not be compatible with the application. I have not been able to see any settings inthe app that would be deactivated to not allow graphics to be displayed and all of the software is up to date so I am at a loss. It will show a frame where the graphic should be but it never displays it (nor background graphics either). This is extremely disappointing and frustrating, any help would be appreciated (other than the typical delete, reinstall, etc.). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi christinaharper@ufl.edu...

Without showing your grades, would you be able to take a screen capture of one or two of the screens you are seeing within the app that are giving you issues and then post those here for us to look at?  To take a screen capture, just go to the screen where you aren't seeing the graphics, and then simultaneously press your home and power buttons on your iPad.  Then, sign in to your Canvas courses via the Safari web browser, and then come back to this Community page to post your image(s).  Thanks...

Highlighted

307601_C13EA245-086A-4D57-9874-14B9CF4F3386.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Good afternoon, christinaharper@ufl.edu...

Thanks for providing that image.  That actually helps quite a bit.  Based on what I am seeing, it appears that there is an image included in the upper right corner of the page called "The Genetic Code".  The word "graphic" that you see inside the box where the image should be seen is probably the "alt" text that the instructor used to describe the image.  ("Alt" text is usually used for screen readers and those with visual disabilities.)  So, this tells me that it's quite possible that the instructor has not properly inserted the image correctly on "The Genetic Code" page of the course.  It's possible that the instructor copied and pasted the image from one course to another.  If that is the case, that's generally not the way to insert images in a course because the course you are in would be pointing to a location of a previous course that you don't have access to...thus the reason for the broken image.  I would recommend that you reach out to your instructor to further troubleshoot this...letting him/her know that there is a potential problem with this page and the image. How do I get help with Canvas as a student?  Show your instructor the image that you've included above.  Also, you can provide your instructor with the following Guide which shows how to properly insert an image: How do I embed images from Canvas into the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?

I hope this will help to get the ball rolling for you and your instructor, Christina.  Please come back to this thread to provide an update once you know more information.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Christina - With the release of Canvas Student 6.6, I'm interested in learning if you still have missing images like you did earlier this year.

Highlighted

They worked this past semester!! Yay!!

View solution in original post

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels