cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

No teacher password if registered with facebook?

Jump to solution

I register canvas.instructure with my facebook account. Therefore I cannot sign in to the android app because I do not have user name and password. And the app does not allow signing in with facebook.

Is there any solution for this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks for the additional information. Only accounts created with an email and password are available using the Canvas Mobile apps. Your only workaround is to create an account outside of Facebook or other 3rd party sources. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi hthg1983@yahoo.com‌, 

I'm a little confused by your question. Are you using Facebook to sign into Canvas? Where do you sign into Canvas on the web? Thanks!

Community Member

Thank you for you reply. 

- I can log in and use canvas teacher using desktop log-in (on the web), using my facebook account to log

- However, on the canvas teacher app on my smart phone, I cannot find any way to log in using the same method (i.e. facebook). 

- Log-in using the smart phone app requires user name and password, which I do not have, because when I register on the web, I registered using facebook.  

- Therefore I can only use the web version but not the app.

I hope I have made my problem clear and hopefully it can be solved.

Warm regards

Giang

Community Member

How I log in the desktop_ web version

Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks for the additional information. Only accounts created with an email and password are available using the Canvas Mobile apps. Your only workaround is to create an account outside of Facebook or other 3rd party sources. Thanks. 

View solution in original post