Not Able to Add rubric to discussion assignment

Jump to solution
erica_wagner
Community Participant

No option to add a rubric to my discussion assignment. I have some discussion assignments I've created for my course. I have checked the box for them to be graded and have assigned points, but the option to add a rubric is not present when I click on these in the assignment list. Here's a screenshot of what I see.A screenshot of the assignment page, with no option to add a rubric at the bottom.

2 Solutions
James
Community Champion

@erica_wagner  

Rubrics are not added to discussions the way they are to other types of assignments. You need to go into the discussion, then choose the options, and add the rubric.

This lesson from the Canvas Instructor Guide provides detailed instructions: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26464-how-do-i-add-a-rubric-to-a-graded-discussion 

View solution in original post

Another thing to check is whether Discussion Enhancements are turned on in your course settings; that's a preview feature and the rubric component is still being developed. If that's the case, switching Discussion Enhancements off in Feature Previews should restore the rubric attachment capability.

View solution in original post