cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Not able to access com.instructure.Editor.contents lauch param

We configured com.instructure.Editor.contents under custom fields but canvas is not returning its value in lauch param

311576_pastedImage_1.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

gautam.ghosh@academicpartnerships.com,

Where are you invoking this from?

The end of the first paragraph on the LTI Variable Substitutions page says

If the tool consumer doesn't recognize, or can't substitute, the value it will just send the variable as if it were are regular custom variable (i.e. the name of the substitution variable will be sent rather than the value).

This sounds like the expected behavior when you're not invoking the LTI from the editor.

It would be strange if you're getting the com.instructure.Editor.selection (the next one in the list) but not this one. You didn't mention that one, but I don't know if you were just mentioning one or if you were getting one but not the other.

Highlighted

We are invoking LTI from Editor ,but still value is same as variable. 

Highlighted

We are not getting both of the paramaters

Highlighted

We lauch LTI from editors externnal tool dropdown, and it will open in an iframe on same window.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, gautam.ghosh@academicpartnerships.com...

I am reviewing some of the older questions here in the Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for quite a while.  It looks like james@richland.edu‌ was helping you, and then you provided some additional information after that.  Have you been able to come up with a solution?  If so, would you be willing to share your findings back here in this topic?   Or, are you still looking for some help from Community members?  Either way, we'd like to hear back from you.  Also, if you feel that one of the above replies (including your own) could be marked as "Correct", please feel free to do just that.  But, if you're still looking for some assistance, let us know that as well by posting a note below.  I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" mainly because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since May 16, 2019.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Gautam.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon. 

0 Kudos
Labels