Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Not register as a Teacher on my course

Jump to solution

Hello,

Yesterday, my own course kicked me out as a teacher. I can no longer see the course on my dashboard or Courses list. When I use the enroll link to access the course, it registered me as a student. My students still can see the course. I just cannot see it on my end as a teacher and therefore cannot input grades.

Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@slouisjeune ...

Ah yes...student view does not have an admin area for you to do some of those administrative tasks.  I believe that you may need to reach out to the Canvas Help Desk folks to assist with this one.  How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Hope this helps a bit.  Let the Community know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @slouisjeune ...

We here in the Canvas Community wouldn't have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course(s) in question.  For an enrollment question like this, it is best to reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department, and they should be able to adjust the settings via your "People" page to change your role from a "Student" to a "Teacher".

Good luck to you!  Take care...stay safe...be well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for responding back to me. Unfortunately, I do not have an admin over this course. I used a free teacher account. I remember the last thing I did before the course disappear was going on Setting and trying to remove the Student View account. Then I clicked on Cross-list this session to remove an additional section added. Now I cannot see the course on my dashboard or on the course list.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@slouisjeune ...

Ah yes...student view does not have an admin area for you to do some of those administrative tasks.  I believe that you may need to reach out to the Canvas Help Desk folks to assist with this one.  How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Hope this helps a bit.  Let the Community know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post