cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Notability and canvas submissions issues?

Jump to solution

Our students are having a hard time submitting assignments from Notability directly into Canvas on their iPads.  Some students have the Canvas app to submit from their notability and some do not have the Canvas app option at all (not even in "more apps").  Some students that can submit are confused with the course selection to submit because past enrollments options are listed in their classes to select from their courses.  Can past courses be filtered so students only see their present courses?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

We had gotten word that this was happening and we have a fix for it in place already. The next release will only show courses with an "active" enrollment in the Submit Assignment flow which will exclude past enrollments.

Sorry for the trouble. Thank you very much for bringing it to our attention.

Nate

iOS Team Lead

View solution in original post

27 Replies
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

We had gotten word that this was happening and we have a fix for it in place already. The next release will only show courses with an "active" enrollment in the Submit Assignment flow which will exclude past enrollments.

Sorry for the trouble. Thank you very much for bringing it to our attention.

Nate

iOS Team Lead

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Today we had a ton of issues with turning in assignments to Canvas from Notability.  I verified that students were running the latest iOS on their iPad, and had installed the recent Canvas update.  It acts like the PDF is submitting from Notability to Canvas but it never shows up on the Canvas side.  Have you had any reports of that or know the fix for it.  My teachers and students are getting frustrated along with the people helping the students troubleshoot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Some of our students recently noticed that some Notability submissions weren't showing up, but it turns out that the submission had gone to a different assignment entirely.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We checked that....that was not the case for us. It just never showed up.  I ended up having one student email me the assignment and I submitted it for her from my computer through the web.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We are also still experiencing this same issue from Notability after iOS and 6.6.2 Canvas update.  I've created a support case.

Highlighted

My kids are hitting this too when uploading from Notability.

Hoping we can see it fixed soon. VERY frustrating. Our workaround is to export the PDF from Notability to their iPAD FILES and then go to Canvas, click Submit assignment, and upload the PDF from their files on their ipad. THe direct submit link from Notability to Canvas fails 90% of the time.\

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We now have a screenrecorded case of a student turning in work to a math assignment and it landing in another class with the same timestamp and have opened a case - just a heads up that this may be more of an issue than just the long list of assignments.  Edited to add - we put in a support ticket on Friday that has been escalated, but no news yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Yikes!  I hope you put in a support ticket for that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Canvas Student 6.6.2 is now available in the iTunes store!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/canvas-student/id480883488

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels