cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Notability and canvas submissions issues?

Jump to solution

Our students are having a hard time submitting assignments from Notability directly into Canvas on their iPads.  Some students have the Canvas app to submit from their notability and some do not have the Canvas app option at all (not even in "more apps").  Some students that can submit are confused with the course selection to submit because past enrollments options are listed in their classes to select from their courses.  Can past courses be filtered so students only see their present courses?

27 Replies
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

We are aware of the issues with submitting from 3rd party applications, such as Notability, in Canvas Student 6.6.2 and are working on a fix right now. We'll have the update out as soon as we can.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nate

iOS Team Lead

Highlighted

Thank you so much!  Now I have something to tell all my teachers.

Highlighted

We are also having the same issue with Pages.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

As of today, we are still experiencing issues. When is the expected release time for the new Canvas update? 

Highlighted
Adventurer III

There also seems to be an issue when students go from Canvas to notability.  They get a message saying that they need to edit in google docs. They have no problem getting the pdf into notability, but there is an image blocking part of the content that cant be moved saying to edit the doc in googe.  They are running 6.6.2.  Has anyone else run into this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Canvas Student app version 6.6.3 is now available in the App Store which fixes issues with submitting from 3rd party applications.

Please give the update a try and let us know if you have any more issues.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Explorer

We are having better luck, now, with submitting. However, now the issue is the list of assignments to search through. Is there a way to change the order they are showing up in? We have courses with a lot of assignments, and it's hard to scroll and find assignments. It would help out a great deal to have this list with the most current assignments up on top if possible! Is this an option for us? Could this be changed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I have been training our teachers to use modules for this very reason.  In modules you can organize the assignments but easier. Inside the modules you can add text headers, assignments, quizzes, discussion etc. and have them all in one place organized how you want it.  This modules overview might help.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply, Carrie. Modules are definitely our friends! In this case, I'm specifically talking about when students are submitting from an app such as Notability. A box now pops up for them to choose the course and assignment they'd like to submit. When they go to the assignments, it gives the list, I believe in alphabetical order. For one of our math classes, the names are all numbers, and there are a ton of assignments. So, it makes the list super long, and hard to find things. It would be nice if that box the assignments could display as most recent on top. For courses, we are all about modules as well! It has been a life saver! For this submission issue, however, Modules don't play in.

Highlighted

Our students are having the same issue. Notability is heavily used at our school too and sometimes students are submitting to the wrong assignments as they scroll through the long list of possibilities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels