Nothing showing up in Calendar

Jump to solution
thomasda14
Community Member

I have copied a course from last semester but nothing is showing up in calendar. Am I missing a "click" somewhere?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @thomasda14 

This is because the Canvas Calendar is drive by the due dates set for graded activities in Canvas (discussions, quizzes, assignments). When course content is copied from one term to another, due dates are not automatically updated unless you set the course copy process to do so (can be tricky). This means that the content in the course copy is still using the previous term's due date, and you would have to go back in time on the calendar to find those entries.

Two options:

1. Reset the new term's course to remove the content and and re-import setting Canvas to update the due dates. This guide will show you how,

How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool? The info on setting due dates is about halfway down the page. This guide explains the date adjustment feature,  How do I adjust events and due dates in a course import?

2. Use the Bulk Due Date Updating tool! This guide will show you how, 

How do I bulk update due dates and availability dates as an instructor?

Once each graded content item has due dates within the current term, then the calendar will reflect those dates during the appropriate period. Personally, I would choose Option #2 - it took a long time to get the Canvas engineers to add that feature!

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes