Notifiations

Jump to solution
Linnea
Community Member

Hi

Several of my students complain that they are not receiving notifications from their canvas student app. I have checked their settings and everything looks to be done correctly. However no notification arrives when I post something new as a teacher.

Is there anything to be done? Are you aware of this problem?

Thank you

/Linnea

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
gnoack
Community Champion

Course notifications override account notifications, so yes the student would need to check this. (They would need to check any and all notification settings as it's always per the individual, instructors can't set notification settings for students.)

I would assume that the setting set anywhere, from the app or web based version, would be applied everywhere. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Guide/How-do-I-manage-notifications-for-a-single-course-a...

View solution in original post

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @Linnea! Yes, @gnoack is right. The Course notifications override what is set at the account level. Students need to check this individually as teachers cannot set this for them. With settings at the account level, it does trickle to the app. However, the account level email notification and mobile push notifications are set separately. 

View solution in original post