cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccalderon
Community Member

Notifications going to Junk/Clutter?

Hello Community -

Since the September 16 release, has anyone else received reports from their users about not receiving Notifications? Seems like the change in "From" might have caused some issues with Notifications making it through. Just thought I would check and see if anyone else has run into this. Ideas?

Thanks!

12 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ccalderon , we haven't been experiencing this, but I'm honestly not sure if a lot of our students would notice. 😉

James
Navigator II

How many of our students use Office 365 for their email? It's probably a small enough number that we wouldn't even notice if it was happening.

ccalderon
Community Member

HA!! So true. 😉

tross
Explorer II

We have definitely seen it.  We have been telling our staff and students to go in and mark a few as Not Junk.  It does learn after a few and they quit going to junk.

ahuffman
Community Member

I would also add that O365 mail will not forward Canvas notifications to another student email address, as it does not read the forward on address as a verified and authentic student email. That might also be the problem if the students have set up their O365 mail to daisy chain.

dwillmore
Learner II

Wow, I thought the problem was on our end.   Thank you so much for sharing this.   I have had several instructors complaining about this problem.

Did anyone put this in as a bug/change request?

dwillmore
Learner II

I have not had this issue reported to me again.   Are you still seeing this issue with your users?

Hello David - yes, we are still getting some reports of this (although fewer) and so are going to file a ticket today.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ccalderon ...

I've been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you to see if you are still experiencing any issues with notifications.  Or, do you believe that Canvas has ironed out the issues that you (and others) had been experiencing?  If you could please come back to this thread to provide us with an update, that would be helpful.  Also, if there is a reply above that you feel has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  But, by all means, please let us know if you still have any questions about this topic.  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been much new activity in this thread for about four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below which are related to this topic.  I hope that's aright with you, Crista.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.