cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgodkin
Community Member

Notify users that content has changed for individuals

So I've wondered this for a while and I didn't see an answer anywhere in the guides or forums.  When I create an assignment, I sometimes go back in and give a student an extension by adding a new due date for that individual.  If I check the"

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @tgodkin  Thank You for posting your question.  Although the bottom of this Guide, How do I add or edit details in an assignment?, doesn't really seem to indicate what happens, I think the keyword is "users" (plural).  So, my guess is that it is everyone?  However, I think it may also depend on the individual notification settings that each of your students have set in their Canvas profile.  For example, the "Course Content" row (shown in the first screen shot of this Guide: How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student?) shows the following when you hover over it with your mouse:

Course Content - Notifications

So, if your students have their notifications turned on for "Course Content", I would assume they would get some kind of notification for the assignment change.

I hope this helps a bit, Travis.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!