Number of "Seats"

Jump to solution
dparnianwake
Community Member

Hello - Our institution uses Canvas for undergrad, graduate, and postgraduate courses. Our group is responsible for patient simulation, medical ultrasound, anatomy, and simulated patients for all of medical education. We develop online short courses and prelearns for medical professionals as well. Canvas is the LMS of choice, obviously, but we are struggling with the licensing b/c our "students" do not occupy a "seat" for an entire year. It is not cost-effective for us to use a "seat" for a student who only uses a course for a month or two. Our courses are usually free to employees! Is there a different license for professional development organizations?

1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

You'll likely want to talk to your CSM about this. I don't know that posting in a public forum is going to get you the best answer.  About the only thing I can share is that from my experience Canvas licenses are based on FTE of the school, not "seats".  But, I don't have any way of knowing if that would be true with our specific situation.

Rick

View solution in original post