cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Numerical Questions and Fraction Answers

Jump to solution

Is there a way I can enter an "exact answer" using the Math editor and fraction bars? If I use a Multiple Choice question, the Math Editor will show up for me to use the fraction bar  to the possible answers I want to give, but not for a numerical question and an 'exact answer.'  Am I missing something?

I can easily just use the backslash as an answer, but the OCD in me would rather be a fraction bar. 

Thanks for any help. 

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Deactivated user​...

Just this week I learned from rcarney@instructure.com​ that the RCE is only available in the answer possibilities for Multiple Choice and Multiple Answer types.  So, to answer your question, the Numerical Answer question type does not have the ability to use the Math Equation editor to insert a fraction like you'd want it displayed.  I confirmed this in my own testing of a quiz in my sandbox course.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Deactivated user​...

Just this week I learned from rcarney@instructure.com​ that the RCE is only available in the answer possibilities for Multiple Choice and Multiple Answer types.  So, to answer your question, the Numerical Answer question type does not have the ability to use the Math Equation editor to insert a fraction like you'd want it displayed.  I confirmed this in my own testing of a quiz in my sandbox course.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Chris. I assumed this as I kept playing with it after I typed the original post and just couldn't find anything. I ended up just making them 'fill in the blank' questions and using the backslash as a fraction symbol.  Thanks for the information.

Highlighted

You bet, Eric!

Highlighted

I hate the backslash in fractions. Maybe I have OCD, too.

MathQuil doesn't show the way I like either. 

345613_pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
Labels