cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel_olivas
Surveyor

Oauth2 Flow - Google Sheets/Scripts

Is there documentation out there geared for those of us who want to build apps in Google?

We have a Course Creator  Google Form that kicks off a Google Script when submitted.  The script makes the API Call. This needs to be configured so that it can be used by multiple users.  This is where I'm lost .  I don't know how to setup the Oauth2 Flow.  

According to Canvas (OAuth2 - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation ).  

Step 1.  Redirect users to request Canvas access

How do I know what my client_id is? Is that the 17 digit long number in the Details column on the Developer Keys Page?  I also don't know what to send as the redirect_uri?  I'm not sure where to find that in Google Script/Cloud Console.

And for Step 3. Exchange the code for the final access token

Where do I configure a client_secret?  Do I need to register the app first? If so, how? And again, how do I found out what the redirect_uri would be when using a Google Form/Script as my app?

Thanks,

Tags (4)
4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@daniel_olivas , given the technical nature of this question I'm going to share it with the Canvas Developers‌ group in the Community. They are the ones who do this type of programming and API level work. In addition, you might consider joining this group so you have access to their resources and information.

Hope this helps! Kona

pklove
Learner II

The client_id is what you see in the Details column, the client_secret is what you see click "Show Key" (the big long random thing).

daniel_olivas
Surveyor

Just an FYI, using a Google Form to create a course will not work when using the OAuth token flow because Google Forms do not allow redirects.  

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@daniel_olivas ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie