cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samantha_wilkin
Surveyor II

Observer forgot login - How do they reset their account?

I have a parent that can't remember her username for Canvas. What should she do to get it?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @samantha_wilkin -- Your local Canvas Admin or Canvas Support should be able to help you! I think the best way to do this is to submit it ticket on their behalf. How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? 

This is what I see when I click help. There's no way to find a ticket and submit it. It took me ages to even find a live chat and I'm waiting in line for that. I have a canvas admin account. Can I do something from the admin panel to help this parent?

samantha_wilkin_0-1599744342253.png

Hello there, @samantha_wilkin ...

The screenshot that you provided looks to be the help documentation here in the Canvas Community website ... which is different than what @klundstrum had referenced in her reply to you.  In your Canvas environment, you should have a "Help" icon on the left-hand global navigation bar.  Within that menu, hopefully you would have a link to "Report a Problem" or maybe even a phone number to call Canvas Support folks.  Every Canvas school is a bit different in how they choose to set up their "Help" menu, and so what you see in the link that Kristin provided might not be exactly what you see on your screen.  I'm hopeful that you've been able to get this issue resolved by now, but please let us know if we can be of further help here in the Community...thanks!