cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtcadesign
Surveyor

Observers only able to see their students in some courses

I have just created a course (last one of several for the year) and added all my students who are also part of the aforementioned courses. Parents are able to observe their children in all the courses except the new one. I can't find out why or how to fix it.

Is there perhaps a limit to the number of courses a parent/observer can observe?

We are using the K12 Free For Teacher version.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jtcadesign
Surveyor

I have just created a course (last one of several for the year) and added all my students who are also part of the aforementioned courses. Parents are able to observe their children in all the courses except the new one. I can't find out why or how to fix it.

Is there perhaps a limit to the number of courses a parent/observer can observe?

We are using the K12 Free For Teacher version.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi - I am unaware of a limit to observed classes. Are your students actively enrolled in the new course? Is it published? (I always ask...just in case...because that button can be sneaky with new courses.)

Hi 🙂

Yes, the course is fully published and the students are active on it already.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @jtcadesign -

My knowledge and use of FFT is quite limited. With that thought, I can't think of a reason why your observers wouldn't see this course while being able to see the others. There shouldn't be a limitation to the number of observed classes. As long as your students have accepted their invitations, everything should automatically appear for their observer(s).

Are your course settings the same (old/current vs. current/new)?

jtcadesign
Surveyor

Hi @klundstrum everything is exactly the same for all courses. I am finding now that new students who are joining other courses late are experiencing problems with previously okay accounts now to. It feels as if a limit has been reached although I can't find any literature on this.