Office 365 File Submission Error

Jump to solution
talway
Community Contributor

I have an instructor who has set up an assignment with a file upload and has set the file restrictions to doc and docx (doc,docx).  The students are required to create a Word document and save it to OneDrive and then submit the assignment by clicking on the More tab, chose Office 365, select the file and the upload it.  Students can get to OneDrive to select the file but when they attach the file for submission they receive the following error message:  "The launched tool returned an invalid resource for this assignment."  When the file restriction is removed, the assignment can be successfully submitted without error.  If the file is placed on local computer and submitted using the file upload, with the file restrictions in place, the file can be successfully submitted.  This seems rather odd that the file restriction is preventing the authorized document format.  Is this bug or are we missing something?

1 Solution
pmartinez
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello Tom and welcome to the community. and welcome to the community. Sorry your having these difficulties with Microsoft Office 365. May I suggest reading throughHow do I create a cloud assignment with a Microsoft Office 365 file? Let me know if this solves things for you.

View solution in original post