Highlighted
Community Member

Offline Course in Canvas Student App

Jump to solution

Is there a way the students can view the course offline in Student App?

Well, ran into browser usage of Canvas and there are ways to have course contents offline.

Can not find anyway to get the same for Canvas Student App.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi ashok.thapa@det.nsw.edu.au‌, 

Currently, this is not possible through the Canvas Student app. It has been discussed many times throughout the community and I have talked to the Canvas Mobile team about a few times as well. Have you seen the following discussion? Offline Course in Canvas Student App  I'd suggest you share your ideas here as well.  

I don't think this has been brought up in the community as a new idea since 2017, but if you want, you can create a new one to bring this back into the community: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14904 

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi ashok.thapa@det.nsw.edu.au‌, 

Currently, this is not possible through the Canvas Student app. It has been discussed many times throughout the community and I have talked to the Canvas Mobile team about a few times as well. Have you seen the following discussion? Offline Course in Canvas Student App  I'd suggest you share your ideas here as well.  

I don't think this has been brought up in the community as a new idea since 2017, but if you want, you can create a new one to bring this back into the community: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14904 

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Ryan,

I am aware of the fact that this would be an extensive time and effort for the result or at least close to it.

Just thinking that making the resource available for offline use, like google docs, would help the students especially the family is travelling in schools such as us.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Community Member

ashok.thapa@det.nsw.edu.au‌, 

I agree and the mobile team doesn't think the effort isn't worth it. I've heard great examples from the K12 student waiting for their sister to finish soccer practice, to limited connectivity of international students, to students who travel with limited access. There is definitely a case for it and something that isn't going to go away, just has to be done right or it could create more chaos than what it's worth. (: 

0 Kudos