Old Items Banks into New Quiz Item Banks

Jump to solution
seduncan
Community Member

I have 44 item banks in "OLD" Quizzes and I'm trying to convert them over into New Quizzes.  How do I get them into a QTI file so I can import?  I can follow the importing directions all the way up to the browse files for import step.  

I've migrated the quizzes over and it has issues with my questions.  They are multiple choice so I didn't anticipate any issues.  Please tell me there is an easier way than copy/paste all hundreds of questions into New Quizzes. Please! Please! 

#olditembanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
gouldt
Community Contributor

Shon, 

It sounds like you are trying to migrate your classic test bank to the new quizzes item bank. You will need to create a classic quiz, add all of the questions in it from the current test bank, and export the single quiz you created. This creates a qti file that you can then import into a new quizzes item bank. You will then need to go to an existing new quiz, go to manage item banks, and create a bank. Once you have a bank you can import that qti file. The new item bank will take the name of the quiz you exported.
@Susan Nugent has more information on her blog, so check it out here.

When you are creating new item banks it would be a good idea to include the course name. The item banks are tied to the person that creates them, not the course. So every item bank you create will be a part of the same list.

View solution in original post

0 Likes