Open enrollment link

Jump to solution
Melissawright06
Community Member

I am a school counselor who needs ALL students to access my canvas course. I would like to do this without forcing parents to accept an invitation. How can I make the open enrollment become an external link for teachers to add to a button from their homepage?

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Instead of  (or in addition) to setting it for open enrollment, how about making it public?  A public course lets people see the content without logging in but shows no student information and will not let people accessing it publicly participate (submit assignments, be in a discussion, etc).  Essentially it turns your course into a web site.  

To do this, under course Settings set Visibility to Public.  Then share the URL of the home page of the course.  I like to do this and also select the option under More settings to add a Join button.  This lets people who are signed in the Canvas and viewing the course to click a button and join which puts them on the roster.  At that point the course will show on their home page and they can participate.

Rick

View solution in original post