cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

Order of Items in "Content Selector > Course Navigation" and "Import Content > Select Content"

Is there an order designated for the items listed in the "Course Navigation" list of the Content Selector from the Rich Content Editor? I noticed that it is not in alphabetical order, which made it confusing for me to find the course link I am using.

In addition, I noticed the same with items a user would select when importing from another Canvas course (Settings > Import Course Content > Select Content). Some items in this section, I believe, are listing by how they are arranged in their sections or on a Module. However, "Wiki Pages" I have no idea what the order is because it is not alphabetical as displayed in the "Pages" Course Navigation link.

Is this a glitch I should report?

308067_pastedImage_10.png308068_pastedImage_11.png

3 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi cpadavano,

I just checked in my instance of Canvas and my navigation links are in the same order as yours when I am in the RCE. I suspect that this order is based on the frequency of use of each of the items with Assignments being the most common then Pages, Discussions etc...

As far as the import list, I did a bit of looking at one of my courses and couldn't find any rhyme or reason to the order in which items were listed. Maybe somebody else knows, but I am at a loss too 😞

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, cpadavano...

I'm reviewing some of the older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on March 11, 2019.  It looks like orwinr provided you with some feedback later that evening.  Have you had a chance to review his response?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Please feel free to click the "Mark Correct" button next to his reply if you feel that it has helped to answer your question.  However, if you are still looking for some help with your question, please let us know that as well so that someone from the Community might be able to assist you.

I just enabled the RCE enhancements in our "beta" environment, and it looks like the ordering is not alphabetized here, either.

RCE Enhancements

Since we have not heard back from you and there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over six months, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered".  However, that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Cynthia.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi chofer@morainepark.edu‌, I have been going back to my posts frequently and I have no received any solution other than just maybe Canvas needs to update this feature. I put this on my list to talk to Canvas about since my IT Team works closely with Canvas. 

Technically it has not been answered, but at the same time I do not think anyone but Canvas can give me a solution.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels