Order of Question Groups in Quizzes

Jump to solution
KarenLe
Community Member

I am using traditional quizzes on Canvas and wanted to ask about question groups. I am creating a quiz that has 1 essay question and some multiple-choice questions. I plan to place the essay question in one question group on its own and have a second question group with multiple-choice questions pulled from a question bank (so that I can have randomization). I want to ensure that students will always be presented with the essay question first (question group 1) before they see multiple-choice questions (question group 2). So I guess my question is, does Canvas always retain the order of the question groups in any given quiz? To put it another way, if I place one question group before another, that order will stay static and will not randomize, correct?  I've previewed it a few times and it seems to work, but I was hoping to get confirmation because I have a lot of students and would hate for some students to run into issues. 

Thanks so much!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@KarenLe 

You understand it correctly, the position of the question groups does not change.

View solution in original post