cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Ordering Discussions

Is it possible for students to change the order that discussions appear after you click on the Discussion button?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello cornwels@newschool.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  To my knowledge, students cannot change the order of the discussion topics displayed on the "Discussions" index page.  Please review the section on "View Discussion Groups" (just before half-way down the page) of this Guide: How do I use the Discussions Index Page?.  Specifically, check out the sub-headings for "Discussions" and "Pinned Discussions" underneath the "View Discussion Groups" heading.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Steve.  Please let the Community know if you have any additional questions about this...thanks!

Highlighted
Learner II

Hi cornwels@newschool.edu‌. I don't see how they could. Even if the Discussions - moderate permission is turned on for Students - which it is not by default, students still cannot reorder discussions. They would have to have a TA, Teacher, or Designer role to be able to reorder discussions. I'm curious about this so please let us know what you find.