cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Others able to see canvas course, but not me?

Jump to solution

Most of the other students are able to access the course page on canvas, but not me. I am enrolled and have been for a few days. My professor/course instructor is able to see me as enrolled in the course on canvas, but I can't access it. When I go to "all courses," it says I am enrolled, but says that the course isn't published and as such I cannot access it- but other people can? Is this a problem on my end, or my professor's? Please help! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Arwen,

I can confirm that none of your fall 2019 courses have been opened as of yet.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello arwenmina Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  If you are sure that the course you are trying to access says that it is not published on your "Courses" >> "All Courses" page, then you and your fellow classmates should not be able to access the content at all.  The only way that you'd be able to access the course is if your instructor published the course.  According to this Guide: How do I view all my Canvas courses as a student?:

Active courses that are available to you are listed in blue text [1]. These courses have been published and include a link to the course. To open a course, click the name of the course. Courses that are within the current term dates but are not yet available are listed in black text [2]. These courses have not been published.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of people here in the Canvas Community don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course(s) in question, so it's a bit difficult to help troubleshoot what the exact issue may be.  I would recommend that you reach out to someone at your school to further assist you.  This could be your instructor, your school's local Canvas administrator, someone in your school's Online Learning/Distance Learning department, etc.  They should be able to help investigate this issue more with you...including logging in as you to see exactly what the issue might be.

I hope this will help, Arwen.  Please report back to let us know how this was resolved...thanks!

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Arwen,

I can confirm that none of your fall 2019 courses have been opened as of yet.

Thanks

View solution in original post