Outcome mapping

Jump to solution
david_ross_smit
Community Member

I would like to request some functionality be added to Canvas if it doesn't already do these things.

1. When creating a quiz, which we use to automate some of our assessment tasks, we would love to be able to allocate each question to an outcome. So, there might be 5 outcomes being assessed and each question is allocated to one of them.

2. When making an assignment, which we also use for assessment tasks, we would like to be able to assign particular outcomes to the assignment, then be able to assign each row we create in our rubric to one of those outcomes.

Is any of this possible?

Kind regards

Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution
chadscott
Community Contributor

Howdy,

1. 1. You can do this in quizzes.next. You can assign an outcome to a specific question. In old quizzes, you can only assign it to the quiz as a whole, which I also find useless.
    1. How do I align an outcome to an assessment question in New Quizzes? 

2. When creating a rubric, the outcome is attached as it's own "item" and not associated with a criteria(row item). So in essence, you are giving a score for the criteria and then a rating for the outcome as well. 
    1. When you add the outcome, since you are already giving points based on the criteria, if you uncheck the "use this criterion for scoring" it won't add the points to the rubric score, but will use it for the mastery gradebook.
      1. How do I align an outcome with a rubric in a course? 

If this isn't what you were thinking, then you can search and submit feature requests here: Ideas 

Cheers,

Chad

View solution in original post