cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Oversees

Jump to solution

Can I connect to Canvas Quiz (it is 2 hours final exam) from other countries?

I have to go back to my home country(Japan) and I cannot take a canvas quiz in U.S.

It has time difference, but can I take a exam along with the time in America?

I have internet connection in Japan.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

nanami@mail.usf.edu​,

You should be able to connect to Canvas from any internet connection.  If you have someone that you trust in Japan, you can have them log in for you before you leave, just to test it, but I would recommend changing you password after they have tested for you.

Robbie

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

nanami@mail.usf.edu​,

You should be able to connect to Canvas from any internet connection.  If you have someone that you trust in Japan, you can have them log in for you before you leave, just to test it, but I would recommend changing you password after they have tested for you.

Robbie

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi nanami@mail.usf.edu

Robbie just beat me to the punch. Yes, you should be able to access Canvas from any internet connection regardless of location.  There is always the caveat that different ISPs have different ways to throttling some sites and/or different firewalls may exist.

I've not heard of any problems in working from Japan and have heard of Study Abroad programs that travel through Japan without issue.  That said, having someone test, as Robbie suggested, makes sense and so would your informing your instructor, in case there is any latency in getting the exam completed on time.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Nanami,

Another thing to keep in mind is your course and account both have time zone settings, but also your individual user account has a time zone setting.  Make sure if you are overseas that you go into your profile and set your time zone to wherever you are.  This way you can avoid potentially turning in an assignment late.

Highlighted
Community Member

Our students periodically travel overseas and they have not had issues accessing Canvas as opposed to any other websites.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

We had an online student who worked on a cruise ship and he reported back that he didn't have any issues (other than finding good wifi at some ports!). Smiley Wink