cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melissa_marscha
Community Member

PDF link will not work only for some students

When I post a link to a PDF in Canvas, most students can see it no problem but just a small handful of students are reporting that they have to "request access" or " do not have authorization" to view or access the document. I am not sure what is going wrong or how to resolve this for those kids.

4 Replies
rconroy
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @melissa_marscha  Welcome to the Community. Thanks for coming around and posting. Smiley Happy 

A couple of clarifying questions for your question to better help answer: 

• Is the link that you send to students within a course that those students are enrolled into? 
  • Do you have an idea of how many students are unable to see this? I'm wondering if it's just tied into them trying to access it on their phones without being logged into Canvas
  • This this PDF link a file that you've uploaded into your Files within Canvas? A link to a Digital Book? Or is it a link from a GoogleDrive Document with permissions? Sometimes those can get tangled up with sharing and viewing. 

Hopefully we can get this answered for you! Feel free to let us know anything else you might have. Smiley Happy Screencaps are also quite useful.

Hi  @melissa_marscha !

Did you happen to have your question answered? If not, could you let us know by answering a few of the questions above so we can better help you? Thanks again, look forward to hearing a resolution. Smiley Happy 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @melissa_marscha ...

I noticed that we haven't heard from you since you first posted this question here in the Canvas Community on August 15th.  I wanted to check in with you to see if you are still needing some help with this question.  It looks like Deactivated user has some questions for you that need answering so that we can help better provide some feedback for you.  If you could please come back to this posting to provide a status update for the Community, that would be awesome!  Thanks Melissa...looking forward to hearing from you soon!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello once again,  @melissa_marscha ...

We have been trying to reach out to you for a few months now to see if you've had an opportunity to review the feedback that you've gotten thus far.  Because we've not heard back from you since you first posted this question on August 15, 2017, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" in hopes that you've been able to find a solution to your question.  However, if this is not the case, please come back to this thread to let us know how we can be of help.  Marking your question in this way won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  Also, please feel free to mark an above response as "Correct" if you feel that it does answer your question.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon, Melissa.