cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kslack
Community Member

PHP7 Library for Authenticating LTI Requests

Does anyone know of a good PHP7 library that can be used for OAuth Authentication of LTI requests? The IMSGlobal library for PHP is for PHP5, and I have had major difficulty getting it to work with my LTI application. The core thing I am trying to do is authenticate the request (determine if the oauth_signature matches the expected value based on the shared secret), process the post parameters, and the redirect the user to a url with some of the post parameters encoded in the URL (using the get request method).

5 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@kslack ‌, I've shared your question with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/canvas-developers?sr=search&searchId=724cb557-5777-48e2-b46d-...‌ group to attract the attention of your fellow experts in the field.

kslack
Community Member

Thank you. I tried to post it there, but for some reason I was unable to do so.

@kslack ‌, to post content to a group, you need to be a member of that group—and in this case, that's easy to do. Just click on the link to https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/canvas-developers?sr=search&searchId=10e3100e-750e-445f-b108-...‌ and select Join Group from the Actions dropdown at the upper right of the page. Your access will then change from a view-only mode to participation.

dwahl_sales
Instructure
Instructure

I'm not sure how they're related (or if they are at all) but there is an PHP LTI library on OSCELOT as well:

OSCELOT Projects > Projects > Basic LTI Tool Provider class for PHP > Files > Browse Frs Release 

SPV Software Products: PHP LTI Tool Provider class

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @kslack ...

As I was looking through older discussion topics, I came across yours.  While I don't necessarily have an answer for you, I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over two months, and so I wanted to check in with you.  Have you had a chance to review the feedback that you received from  @dwahl_sales ‌ on September 25th?  If so, did his response help to answer your question?  Do you have any additional questions related to your initial posting?  If you feel that Danny's response has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark it as correct.  However, if you are still looking for some help, please let the Canvas Community know by posting a message below so that we can continue working with you to find a solution.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not seen any activity in this thread for more than two months.  However, this won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions or comments below.  I hope that's alright with you, Kent.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!