Highlighted
Community Member

Padlet

When Padlet first came onto the scene, it was a great tool. Now, with all of its changes (now having to have an account, permissions, and other changes) it is becoming more of a problem every term to work with. Does anyone have any alternatives to using Padlet?

Dr. John Boekenoogen

University of Oklahoma

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there, john.r.boekenoogen-1@ou.edu!

Personally, I don't know of any alternatives to Padlet, but my search through the Community yielded laurakgibbs‌ on a few occasions. I know her passion for free/open source learning materials, so hopefully she has an additional resource for you!

Also, because this question may yield more than one "correct" answer, I am converting it to a discussion. Hopefully this will create a great thread for everyone!

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi john.r.boekenoogen-1@ou.edu‌, for the way I use Padlet, I haven't had any problems, so I am not quite sure just what you are wanting to do with Padlet that is getting in the way...?

Flipgrid is a fun environment that has a lot in common with Padlet in terms of being a shared space, although it is video oriented, unlike the text/image approach of Padlet. Flipgrid also has good Canvas integration. I set up a Flipgrid Playground for people to play with if they are curious:

Flipgrid Playground: CanvasLIVE Playground 

If you could explain more about the ways you are using Padlet and how it's not working well for you now, that would be helpful! 

Highlighted
Community Member

P.S. I just checked and the Padlet Playground I set up as a demo for my students is still working also

https://padlet.com/laurakgibbs/7ay16sbrgos9 

So I'm not sure what you mean about having to have an account, but you can create Padlets where people can post without accounts; that's how I set up the playground for any of my students who were curious about it.

Labels