cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmbishop1
Community Member

Page content in home page

Is it possible to add other page content on the home page rather than just links to other pages?  For example instead if a link to week 1's page on the homepage, actually have content from page 1 showing on the homepage

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @tmbishop1  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  You can set any page on your "Pages" index page as your "Front Page" and have it display on the "Home" page.  Here are some Guide links for you:

I hope these Guides will be of help to you, Tom.  Sing out if you have any questions about this.  Stay safe, and be well.

tmbishop1
Community Member

Thanks, so I want to have a welcome section at the top if my home page, but then I want to add page content to that home page which will differ from week to week, this content will come from module pages in the course

James
Navigator

@tmbishop1 ,

There is a lengthy discussion from 2015 of the nesting nightmare that happens when you try it. Rather than repeat it here, I'll summarize and then link to the full discussion.

Summary: There are some hack work-arounds that may work at first but cause problems down the line. Technically, it may be possible, but you shouldn't do it.

Full discussion: Embed another Canvas Page? 

If you want to use modules, then use modules. If not, you really need to provide the links on the home page. The two don't play well together.

There is limited success embedding a file from the Canvas file system on a page, but I consider it to be a hack and possible security issue that Canvas Admins can block if it they choose.

Some people create a home page for each week with the links and then go in each week and change which page is the home page.