cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

Page jumps to the top when inserting links in rich text editor

Does anyone else experience this when inserting links using the Rich Text Editor, (Firefox on a Mac): I highlight the text I want to be the anchor for the link and go over to the right hand side to select, say, an assignment. When I click on the assignment, the Canvas page jumps up, so I can no longer see the text where I’m trying to insert the link. When I scroll back down, the link has indeed been inserted correctly. I've tried expanding the rich text editor area, but this doesn't help, either.

Tags (2)
9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi smorgan2@uw.edu​...

I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered since September 21st.  Is this still an issue that you are experiencing?  Have you reached out to the Help Desk staff at Instructure to see if this might be a bug in Canvas?  If you could come back here to give an update, that would be great...thanks Sue!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm pretty sure this is (or was) a bug. If you are still experiencing the issue then definitely report this to Canvas Support!

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

smorgan2@uw.edu, since we haven't heard from you in a while, we're hopeful that Canvas Support was able to help you get this straightened out. I'm marking this as Assumed Answered, but if you have a moment to let us know what they discovered, the thread remains open for additional participation.

Highlighted
Community Member

If it is a bug, it hasn't been fixed. It's a tiresome experience.

Highlighted

I use the Chrome browser, now. This has not been fixed in Firefox.

Highlighted

Thank you! Not my favorite browser, but you're right...it does work. Much appreciated.

Highlighted
Surveyor

I have this problem in Chrome and the new IE. Firefox is the solution.

Highlighted
Surveyor

I still have this problem.  I'm using Firefox.

Highlighted
Community Member

Apparently that’s a thing with Firefox. I either put up with it or give up and go to Chrome to edit pages.

Best,

Laura