Parent App Not Recognizing Me

Jump to solution
ksneider673
Community Novice

I created an account on Canvas, have linked my kids in the observer section but when I try to log into Canvas Parent, I get an error message saying "Not a parent? We couldn't find any students associated with this account" 

What am I doing wrong? I'm so frustrated. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi ~

I'm glad you were able to connect to your students! That's a wonderful first step, and sometimes, the additional student is challenging for families.

When you sign in with the Canvas Parent app, make sure you find your district before you type in your credentials. Where do I find my institution's URL to access Canvas?‌ You can also tap the "Find My School" button and type in your district.

The easiest way to get into Canvas Parent though is with the new QR Log In! This will be your quickest route because you've already set-up your account. I think you'll like it a lot. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-24145-41441230736 

If you have any follow-up questions about the sign-in process or you would like to learn more about the Canvas Parent app, let the Community know. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post