Parent App

Jump to solution
jcarpenter1
Panda Pros
Panda Pros

I've had the pleasure of using the Canvas apps as a teacher, student and parent/ observer this year.  I found an "issue" with the Parent app.  If a teacher has a bitmoji classroom with links, then when I click on the Home Page link in the app, I get the bitmoji, but NOT the Global Navigation menu.  Also, the links don't work on the Bitmoji classroom in the app.  I was able to work around this issue, but wonder if other parents/ observers have this issue and what can be done about it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @jcarpenter1 -

The complexities of embedded content in the mobile apps has been a point of discussion for a while. Bitmoji Classrooms (for example) don't work in Canvas Student either. I have seen teachers add a disclaimer at the top of the page, encouraging users to access the content through Safari instead, but overall, it's not considered "best practice" for accessibility or use with the mobile apps.

Solved: Bitmoji classroom links do not work on ipads - Canvas Community  

I haven't heard about the issue with the global navigation menu. That would be an interesting thing to pass along to Support.

View solution in original post